An attempt to log my experiences and impressions of America this summer. Travelling through California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Arizona and Nevada on a modest student budget.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I left my hat in San Francisco

I was midway through Chinatown when i realised i had dropped my hat. But this wasn't just a hat. This is the hat i bought the first time i ever travelled abroad on my own (on the french exchange 6 years ago) and has been round the world with me on every trip ever since. I ran back along the 20 min walk so as to retrace my steps. I was sweating like a sumo on a treadmill. I went back to the last shop i had my hat in which was run by an 80 year old Chinese gent. He spoke little English. When I tried to explain i'd lost my hat he insisted on walking me to the nearest hat shop, thinking i wanted to buy one.

Which now i guess i do....

so this is going out to you hat, wherever you are.....

you were the best. But most of all, you were a friend. You will be missed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

5:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

3:51 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Gosh, this site is so good, in fact i think every site ever is so good that i'll design a program that crawls the net for message boxes, and writes this in them, yeh, that will make my mum proud....

5:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home